SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] How to act on LKML
From
On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM, Daniel Phillips
<d.phillips@partner.samsung.com> wrote:
> On 07/20/2013 12:36 PM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> I think you need more than "hope" to change one of the fundamental
>> rules of LKML; be open and honest, even if that means expressing your
>> opinion in a way that others might consider offensive and colorful.
>
> Logical fallacy type: bifurcation. You can be open and honest without
> being offensive or abusive.

You are mistaken, that is not what the false dichotomy fallacy means.
I'm not saying you have to be A (open and honest), or B (polite), and
that you can't be both, if that's what you arguing (which seems to be
the case), you are wrong, and to argue against that position would be
a straw man fallacy.

Your mistaken fallacy seems to be that you think one can *always* be
both A (open and honest), and B (polite), I'm not sure if there's a
name for that fallacy, but you don't provide any evidence for that
claim.

And even supposing that such an obvious fallacy (that one can *always*
be both open and honest, and polite) was true, the fact that something
*can* be done, doesn't mean it *should* be done.

--
Felipe Contreras

  Last update: 2013-07-24 03:41    [W:0.193 / U:1.736 seconds]