SubjectRe: rtl8192cu: slow path warning
Hello Larry,

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 10:05:26 -0500
Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@lwfinger.net> wrote:

> The reason that patch is not in mainline is that it takes time. If you
> want to have it, you can get the official patch from
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=137242880222442&w=2, or you need to
> implement kernels from the wireless-testing git tree, where it was added
> on June 28 as commit bcfb879. My original patch included the following
> note for John Linville:
>
> "Ideally, this patch should be pushed to the 3.10 stream; however, at
> this late time that is not possible. Please push it for 3.11 and the Cc
> to stable will get it into 3.10.X."
>
> As you see, it was marked with a Cc for Stable, and it will be propagated
> to 3.10 when it gets incorporated by Linus. I think I have done all that
> I can do for now.
>
> If you want to lobby Linus to get stuff accepted faster, that is your
> prerogative; however, I could not recommend that action, and I certainly
> will never do anything like that.

Neither will I... I was just wondering and asking, nothing else, as I'm
also facing this warning.

I'm glad to see the link you sent is presenting a patch that is the same as
the one I prepared. I'm going to use that while waiting for the patch to
hit mainline !

Thanks for replying,
Best,
Paul

  Last update: 2013-07-23 18:42    [W:3.278 / U:0.064 seconds]