SubjectRe: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review
On Thu, 2013-07-18 at 00:01 -0400, CAI Qian wrote:

> > > Could victim be someone else in the future since it is an example that
> > > people may follow?
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Berlusconi_underage_prostitution_charges
> > > It called "abuse of office" or abuse of the power.
> >
> > Wow! You are now comparing Linus to a Prime Minister that has paid
> > underage prostitutes for sex?
> I apologize that this leads to misunderstanding. It was just happened to
> read the news that underage child does not feel like she is a victim
> either while the law still think that is an abuse. Another example, those
> BBC child abusers took ages to track down that probably because those
> children did not feel victims at that time either.
>
> Please don't get me wrong. I did neither compare Linus to those child abusers
> nor Thomas to those children. I simply pointed out there is also some common
> sense need to consider.

That story had nothing to do with this thread. "Abuse of power" is to
use ones power for personal gain, whether it be monetary or sexual.
Linus is not getting anything out of yelling at people (OK, it lets of
steam). Linus's yelling is a management style, nothing more.

-- Steve

  Last update: 2013-07-18 14:21    [W:0.186 / U:0.884 seconds]