SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2013-discuss] [ATTEND] How to act on LKML
Il 16/07/2013 20:27, James Bottomley ha scritto:
> I'm perfectly happy to run linux-scsi along reasonable standards of
> civility and try to keep the debates technical, but that's far easier to
> do on a low traffic list; obviously, I realise that style of argument
> doesn't suit everyone, so it's not a standard of behaviour I'd like to
> see universally imposed.

Honestly, it is not just the low traffic, it's also that most of the
patches (90%?) are drivers that hardly anyone cares about. There is
very little core work going on in linux-scsi, which would be a lot
harder to discuss and review (making heated tones more likely to
happen). This is not what happens in other areas (net for example, just
to remain within drivers/).

> In fact, I've got to say that I wouldn't like
> to see *any* behaviour standard imposed ... they're all basically cover
> for power plays (or soon get abused as power plays); the only real way
> to display leadership on behaviour standards is by example not by fiat.

This I completely agree with, and you set a great example of civility.

Paolo

  Last update: 2013-07-18 12:01    [W:0.308 / U:2.772 seconds]