SubjectRe: DWC2 and/or S3C-HSOTG for STA2X11 board
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 02:01:33PM +0200, Federico Vaga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an x86 board made by STMicroelectronics (STA2X11) with the Synopsis
> USB-OTG DesignWare 2 on it and connected through the PCI-e bus.
>

> I know that there are two drivers for the same controller:
>
> (host) drivers/staging/dwc2/*
> (device) drivers/usb/gadget/s3c-hsotg.{c|h}
>

> So, at the moment I cannot have a board with both host/device working at the
> same time. I have to choose to use the block as device or host, right?
>
> I know that the plan is to merge the s3c-hsotg in the dwc2 driver
> (https://lwn.net/Articles/540283/). Are still accepted patch to s3c-hsotg? Or
> it is work in progress right now (soon), so it is better to wait after the
> merge?
>
> In order to use the s3c-hsotg I must implement a PCI wrapper that uses this
> driver. It will be accepted in the kernel even if it will be removed sooner or
> later because of the driver merge?

currently s3c-hsotg has too much knowledge of the Samsung platform. My
suggestion would be to help dwc2 get in better shape. It should be
rather easy to support your board since that already has a PCI wrapper
driver.

So, stick to host only for now, help clean up dwc2 and move it out of
staging, then later it should be fairly simple to merge the device side
in it.

my 2 cents

--
balbi

  Last update: 2013-07-16 14:42    [W:0.060 / U:1.104 seconds]