SubjectRE: Panic at _blk_run_queue on 2.6.32
Date

I was out of town for a little while there, but I plan to do just that in a little while. I will let you know what I find. Hopefully it won't take me too terribly long.

> It would help us spot the faulty patch. Right now, there are 546 patches
> between .39 and .50 so it's quite hard to find the culprit, even with your full
> trace. That does not mean we'll immediately spot it, maybe a deeper bisect
> will be needed, but it should be easier.
>
> > It is also of note that I have not seen this behavior on the 3.4.26 kernel, or
> on any of my 32bit hosts.
>
> This is a good news, because we're probably missing one fix from a more
> recent version that addressed a similar regression and that we might
> backport into 2.6.32.62.
>
> > That said, I have to support this software release (which runs on the 2.6
> kernel) for at least another two years.
>
> Be careful on this point, 2.6.32 is planned for EOL next year :
>
> https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html
>
> You might want to consider migrating to a supported distro kernel or to 3.2
> instead. That said, if you follow carefully the updates from later kernels, you
> might prefer to maintain your own backports of the patches that are relevant
> to your usage.

Thanks, we already have pulled in 3.4 to our released product, but I still have to support my product's previous releases for a time. My goal is to patch up to .61 plus a fix to this issue and never touch the release again. Worst case, I'll stay on 2.6.32.39 and cherry pick. I'd really hate to do that, however. Anyway, as stated earlier, I'll bisect and try to narrow this down. Appreciate the help so far and really hope we just have to back patch a fix.

Jason