SubjectRe: [ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review
At Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:01:17 -0700,
Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> <rant>
> I'm sitting on top of over 170 more patches that have been marked for
> the stable releases right now that are not included in this set of
> releases. The fact that there are this many patches for stable stuff
> that are waiting to be merged through the main -rc1 merge window cycle
> is worrying to me.
>
> Why are subsystem maintainers holding on to fixes that are
> _supposedly_ affecting all users? I mean, 21 powerpc core changes
> that I don't see until a -rc1 merge? It's as if developers don't
> expect people to use a .0 release and are relying on me to get the
> fixes they have burried in their trees out to users. That's not that
> nice. 6 "core" iscsi-target fixes? That's the sign of either a
> broken subsystem maintainer, or a lack of understanding what the
> normal -rc kernel releases are supposed to be for.
>
> So, I've picked through the patches and dug out only those that I've
> "guessed" at being more important than others for the 3.10.1 release.
> I'll get to the rest of these after 3.11-rc1 is out, and eventually
> they will make it into the stable releases, but I am going to be much
> more strict as to what is being added (carriage return changes for
> debug messages, really ACPI developers?)
>
> </rant>
>
> This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 3.10.1 release.
> There are 19 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
> to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
> let me know.

> Anything received after that time might be too late.

This kernel can be built and boot without any problem.
Building a kernel with this kernel also works fine.

- Build Machine: debian jessy x86_64
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz x 4
memory: 8GB

- Test machine: debian jessy x86_64(KVM guest on the Build Machine)
vCPU: x2
memory: 2GB

Thanks,
Satoru