    Subject[ 00/19] 3.10.1-stable review
    I'm sitting on top of over 170 more patches that have been marked for
    the stable releases right now that are not included in this set of
    releases. The fact that there are this many patches for stable stuff
    that are waiting to be merged through the main -rc1 merge window cycle
    is worrying to me.

    Why are subsystem maintainers holding on to fixes that are
    _supposedly_ affecting all users? I mean, 21 powerpc core changes
    that I don't see until a -rc1 merge? It's as if developers don't
    expect people to use a .0 release and are relying on me to get the
    fixes they have burried in their trees out to users. That's not that
    nice. 6 "core" iscsi-target fixes? That's the sign of either a
    broken subsystem maintainer, or a lack of understanding what the
    normal -rc kernel releases are supposed to be for.

    So, I've picked through the patches and dug out only those that I've
    "guessed" at being more important than others for the 3.10.1 release.
    I'll get to the rest of these after 3.11-rc1 is out, and eventually
    they will make it into the stable releases, but I am going to be much
    more strict as to what is being added (carriage return changes for
    debug messages, really ACPI developers?)

    This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 3.10.1 release.
    There are 19 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
    to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
    let me know.

    Anything received after that time might be too late.

    The whole patch series can be found in one patch at:
    and the diffstat can be found below.

    greg k-h

    Pseudo-Shortlog of commits:

    Greg Kroah-Hartman <>
    Linux 3.10.1-rc1

    Michal Hocko <>
    Revert "memcg: avoid dangling reference count in creation failure"

    Srivatsa S. Bhat <>
    cpufreq: Fix cpufreq regression after suspend/resume

    Ben Hutchings <>
    SCSI: sd: Fix parsing of 'temporary ' cache mode prefix

    Gleb Natapov <>
    KVM: VMX: mark unusable segment as nonpresent

    J. Bruce Fields <>
    nfsd4: fix decoding of compounds across page boundaries

    Andy Adamson <>
    NFSv4.1 end back channel session draining

    Greg Kroah-Hartman <>
    Revert "serial: 8250_pci: add support for another kind of NetMos Technology PCI 9835 Multi-I/O Controller"

    Peter Hurley <>
    tty: Reset itty for other pty

    Zhang Yi <>
    futex: Take hugepages into account when generating futex_key

    Greg Kroah-Hartman <>
    MAINTAINERS: add stable_kernel_rules.txt to stable maintainer information

    Kees Cook <>
    crypto: sanitize argument for format string

    Kees Cook <>
    block: do not pass disk names as format strings

    Mikulas Patocka <>
    hpfs: better test for errors

    Kees Cook <>
    charger-manager: Ensure event is not used as format string

    Rusty Russell <>
    module: do percpu allocation after uniqueness check. No, really!

    Jonathan Salwan <>
    drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c: use kzalloc() for failing hardware

    Josh Durgin <>
    libceph: fix invalid unsigned->signed conversion for timespec encoding

    majianpeng <>
    ceph: fix sleeping function called from invalid context.

    Tyler Hicks <>
    libceph: Fix NULL pointer dereference in auth client code

    Makefile | 4 ++--
    arch/x86/kvm/vmx.c | 11 +++++++++--
    block/genhd.c | 2 +-
    crypto/algapi.c | 3 ++-
    drivers/block/nbd.c | 3 ++-
    drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c | 2 +-
    drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_stats.c | 1 +
    drivers/power/charger-manager.c | 2 +-
    drivers/scsi/osd/osd_uld.c | 2 +-
    drivers/scsi/sd.c | 2 +-
    drivers/tty/serial/8250/8250_pci.c | 4 ----
    drivers/tty/tty_io.c | 2 ++
    fs/ceph/xattr.c | 9 +++++----
    fs/hpfs/map.c | 3 ++-
    fs/hpfs/super.c | 8 +++++++-
    fs/nfs/nfs4state.c | 23 +++++++++++------------
    fs/nfsd/nfs4xdr.c | 2 +-
    include/linux/ceph/decode.h | 5 -----
    include/linux/hugetlb.h | 16 ++++++++++++++++
    kernel/futex.c | 3 ++-
    mm/hugetlb.c | 17 +++++++++++++++++
    mm/memcontrol.c | 2 --
    net/ceph/auth_none.c | 6 ++++++

      Last update: 2013-07-12 01:01    [W:0.038 / U:10.876 seconds]