SubjectRe: [git pull] Please pull powerpc.git merge branch
From
On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> .. the rationale for this is that the work pattern of people is
> actually interesting information. You can do things like this:
>
> git log --pretty=%aD --author=Torvalds

Final side note: for me, and other git users that apply other peoples
patches, it's probably better to use

git log --pretty=%cD --committer=Torvalds

instead.

Interestingly, that shows a different pattern than my "authorship"
statistics, which are mainly pull requests. It turns out I commit
patches much more in the afternoon. The reason is probably simple: in
the mornings, I have pull requests waiting from overnight, so a fair
number of pull requests where I am author at 9-11. But my biggest
source of patches tends to be Andrew Morton, who sends the patches in
the afternoon, so suddenly the commit counts skew towards being
between 3pm-8pm when you take all my commits into accoint.

Doing

git log --since=6.months --pretty=%aD --grep=Signed.*Andrew.Morton

backs that up: most of the commits that have sign-offs by Andrew are
sent in the afternoon.

I just find details like that really interesting, where you can
actually mine for the workpatterns of people.

Linus

  Last update: 2013-06-10 06:01    [W:0.718 / U:0.236 seconds]