SubjectRe: [RFC] clocksource: Add clocksource drivers menu.
On 06/03/2013 12:23 AM, Srinivas KANDAGATLA wrote:
> On 31/05/13 19:40, John Stultz wrote:
>> And only just now did I notice that there are user-prompts in the
>> drivers/clocksource/Kconfig.
>>
>> I suspect the platform support options can safely select the proper
>> clocksource config options without requiring the user to configure it.
>> For the most part this is the case, even so folks still introduced some
>> unnecessary clocksource config options (unnecessary as they don't prompt
>> the user, default to y and depend on another config).
>>
>> It looks like only: CLKSRC_DBX500_PRCMU &
>> CLKSRC_DBX500_PRCMU_SCHED_CLOCK prompt the user right now.
>>
>> Can you explain why its necessary the user has to be prompted here?
> The only reason is to do with "how we present *SCHED_CLOCK options"?
>
> If we make the *SCHED_CLOCK options default without prompts, then we do
> not need a menu. These options can be selected at platform level
> Kconfigs. We could possible cleanup the existing prompts.

Right. This is what I'm asking for. Since there are only two options
that prompt the user, I'm asking if there is a reason the user needs to
be prompted.

I not, we can just remove the prompts and simplify the config.

If there is a valid reason to prompt the user, then we may need to add a
menu, but I'd probably prefer we add the option in the platform menu,
rather then generate a new driver menu.

thanks
-john

  Last update: 2013-06-03 21:01    [W:0.048 / U:0.216 seconds]