SubjectRe: Linux 3.10-rc7
From
On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Sergey Meirovich <rathamahata@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> (and possibly the
>>> mkregtable binary) and trying again might fix it.
>>
>> Removing mkregtable has indeed the compile issue for me. Thanks!
>
> Ok, so something failed at an earlier build. That error is probably
> long gone, though, since the subsequent build failure ends up being
> just a symptom rather than the underlying cause.
>
>>> Which still leaves
>>> us with the question of how this happened, and a potentially fragile
>>> Makefile.
>
> Radeon/drm people - any ideas how that mkregtable failure happened?

I'd care if we can definitely rule out previous power fails or forced reboots.
Otherwise just seems like noise, if gcc can produce 0 sized binaries
then I'm sure we'd have other issues.

Dave.

  Last update: 2013-06-30 01:41    [W:0.072 / U:0.244 seconds]