SubjectA Bug in 3.9.8
Folks:

I sent the indented text to gregkh@linuxfoundation.org, inappropriately
as I suspected. I got a polite automated response suggesting alternate
destinations for my email. To my non-technical eyes, your addresses
seemed most appropriate.

"Mr. Kroah-Hartman,

"Excuse me for bothering you, but I do not know where to report my
problem and I found your name in
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.9.8-saucy/BUILD.LOG.

"I am running Linux Mint KDE v15, but I like to run the latest
kernel. I have never had a problem before installing the latest "general
release" kernel from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/
until yesterday.

"After I installed v3.9.8-saucy, the system could no longer "read"
cpu usage of my quad-core Intel q6600. Conky, "top", "mpstat -P ALL"
all show ZERO CPU usage. Everything else is fine; it is just the
reporting that is busted.

"If you are the wrong person and cannot forward to correct
destination, then I am sorry for wasting your time."

I neglected to write that when I rebooted the identical system using
v3.9.7-saucy as the kernel, the CPU usage for each core was registering
non-zero values when appropriate as usual.

Cordially,
Richard Corbin

  Last update: 2013-06-30 00:01    [W:0.053 / U:0.068 seconds]