Subject[GIT PULL] nohz: A few updates
Date
Ingo,

Please pull the timers/core branch that can be found at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
timers/core

Note that "watchdog: Boot-disable by default on full dynticks" is a temporary
solution to solve the issue with the watchdog that prevents the tick from
stopping. This is to make sure that 3.11 doesn't have that problem as several
people complained about it.

A proper and longer term solution has been proposed by Peterz:

http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20130618103632.GO3204@twins.programming.kicks-ass.net

I plan to work on it. But since I'll be off next week, I prefer to have
at least a working temporary solution before the next merge window.

Thanks,
Frederic
---

Frederic Weisbecker (4):
watchdog: Register / unregister watchdog kthreads on sysctl control
watchdog: Rename confusing state variable
watchdog: Boot-disable by default on full dynticks
nohz: Remove obsolete check for full dynticks CPUs to be RCU nocbs

Steven Rostedt (1):
nohz: Warn if the machine can not perform nohz_full

include/linux/nmi.h | 2 +-
kernel/sysctl.c | 4 +-
kernel/time/tick-sched.c | 15 ++----

  Last update: 2013-06-20 19:21    [W:0.054 / U:0.420 seconds]