    SubjectRe: v3.9 - CPU hotplug and microcode earlier loading hits a mutex deadlock (x86_cpu_hotplug_driver_mutex)
    On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 10:03:42AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

    [ … snip some funky BIOS code ]

    > [here it shifts and continues on testing each CPU bit]
    >
    > > Questions over questions...?
    >
    > I probably went overboard with my answers :-)

    Konrad, you're killing me! :-) You actually went and looked at the
    BIOS disassembly voluntarily. You must be insane, I think you should
    immediately go to the doctor now for a thorough checkup. :-)

    I think I know who I can sling BIOS issues now to.

    > > Looks like save_mc_for_early would need another, local mutex to fix that.
    >
    > Let me try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Ok, seriously now: yeah, this was just an idea, it should at least get
    the nesting out of the way.

    About the BIOS deal: you're probably staring at some BIOS out there
    but is this the way that it is actually going to be implemented on
    the physical hotplug BIOS? I mean, I've only heard rumors about IVB
    supporting physical hotplug but do you even have access to such BIOS to
    verify?

    All I'm saying is, let's not hurry too much before we actually can
    really trigger this on baremetal.

    Thanks.

    --
    Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

    Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.