SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with the net-next tree
On 05/22/2013 09:19 AM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
> Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 00:14:58 -0700
>
>> On Wed, 22 May 2013 00:07:48 -0700 (PDT) David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
>>
>>> From: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
>>> Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 13:04:38 -0700

>>> How about working against net-next and submitting your patches to netdev
>>> just like the rest of the world?
>>
>> Well that's probably practical. But the patchset is a seccomp
>> enhancement for (at present) ARM. Not exactly net stuff, or anything
>> which netdev readers are likely to spend a lot of time testing and
>> reviewing.
>
> The seccomp BPF bits we reviewed and were interested in completely, because
> we're going to have to support JIT'ing all of that stuff on every cpu and
> we're interested how it fits into the existing BPF codes and infrastructure.

+1

seccomp is wired with BPF (JITs in arch/*/net/ + net/core/filter.c) and that's
part of networking, so they should go through netdev. This makes it also way
easier for review.

  Last update: 2013-05-22 10:41    [W:0.043 / U:0.528 seconds]