SubjectRe: [RFC 2/2] virtio_balloon: auto-ballooning support
On 05/13/2013 11:35 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:22:58AM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:

>> I believe the Google patches still included some way for the
>> host to initiate balloon inflation on the guest side, because
>> the guest internal state alone is not enough to see when the
>> host is under memory pressure.
>>
>> I discussed the project with the Google developers in question
>> a little over a year ago, but I do not remember whether their
>> pressure notification went through qemu, or directly from the
>> host kernel to the guest kernel...
>
> So increasing the max number of pages in balloon
> indicates host memory pressure to the guest?
> Fair enough but I wonder whether there's a way to
> make it more explicit in the interface, somehow.

There may be a better way to do this, but I am really not sure
what that would be. What properties would you like to see in
the interface? What kind of behaviour are you looking for?

--
All rights reversed

  Last update: 2013-05-13 21:41    [W:0.057 / U:0.124 seconds]