SubjectRe: Question about fixed-clock
Hi Afzal,

thanks for looking into this.

On 07.03.2013 19:42, Afzal Mohammed wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 09:09:31AM +0530, Afzal Mohammed wrote:
>
>> Hope invoking of_clk_init before clock generator driver helps
>
> Mails coming from this id are in my personal capacity.
>
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:53:18AM +0100, Daniel Mack wrote:
>> On 19.02.2013 02:33, Fabio Estevam wrote:
>
>>> Have you registered it with clk_register_fixed_rate() ?
>
>> Hmm no, I didn't do anything else than adding it to the DT in the first
>> place, hoping that a driver will pick it up and add the clock for me.
>> But it turns out that of_clk_init() is not called at all on my platform.
>>
>> I'm doing this now from omap_generic_init() and it works. If that's an
>> appropriate place to call it, I can provide a patch.
>
> Initially didn't realize that it was for an am335x based one.
>
> I feel that for a platform having it's clock tree in DT, of_clk_init
> would take care of it, but if clock tree data is not in DT, clock
> tree would have to be extended in a non-DT way.

Hmm, I don't follow. So for generic OMAP board in general which does
*not* have its SoC clocks in DT, the question is who's in charge of
registering out-of-SoC fixed clocks that are defined in DT.

Note that the clock I'm dealing with here is _outside_ of the SoC, and I
just need to have it in DT, so it can feed another clock chip's input pin.

Grep'ing through arch/arm, it seems that the imx arch does the same
thing my patch does, but I could also imagine that it should be done
somewhere from the DT core. I copied Grant, Rob and Mark for more comments.

Thanks,
Daniel

  Last update: 2013-03-08 00:24    [W:0.186 / U:0.172 seconds]