SubjectRe: zsmalloc limitations and related topics
On 03/14/2013 01:54 PM, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> [...]

frontswap_shrink() is a best-effort attempt to fault in all the pages
stored in the backend. However, if there is not enough RAM to hold all
the pages, then it can not completely evacuate the backend.

Module exit functions must return void, so there is no way to fail a
module unload. If you implement an exit function for your module, you
must insure that it can always complete successfully. For this reason
frontswap_shrink() is unsuitable for module unloading. You'd need to
use a mechanism like writeback that could surely evacuate the backend
(baring I/O failures).

Seth

  Last update: 2013-03-15 18:01    [W:0.061 / U:1.000 seconds]