SubjectRe: 3.6.11: khubd issue SLAB related?
On Wed, 13 Mar 2013, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:

> > If not, enable it and try again, or get root and manually try to
> > defragment memory by doing echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/compact_memory.
>
> This needs to be done regularly, I assume?

It's done when the page allocation initially fails, so it shouldn't need
to be done explicitly by you. I was hoping to see if that helped to solve
the problem and something like deferred compaction wasn't involved.

> > If so, try killing a memory hogging process to free some memory and
> > attempt to get some higher order pages available.
>
> It's a 8GB box (7.5GB available to software) with modest load. Mostly
> email & web browsing, some torrents, nntp stuff, etc. Nothing weird.
> Around 4.8G in buffers/cache right now.

That may be true, but you only have about 300MB available at the time of
failure.

> Why is this issue occurring?
> Why did I not see this in the past?

I already added Hans to the cc to see if the struct has grown recently.

  Last update: 2013-03-14 01:21    [W:0.077 / U:0.080 seconds]