    SubjectRe: [RFC 00/17] Remove GENERIC_GPIO from architecture code
    On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:
    > Nice series,
    >
    > Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>

    Thanks!

    >> For most platforms, this change should be a no-op. However I would like to make
    >> sure that everyone is ok with it and that nothing gets broken, as the effect of
    >> changing configuration options are sometimes difficult to predict.
    >
    > It's probably worth pointing out which platforms actually change with this. For
    > all I can tell, the only user-visible change is that m68k now cannot turn
    > off gpiolib any more.

    That's the one we are sure is affected indeed. I am also a little bit
    worried about blackfin, since it used to compile with GENERIC_GPIO and
    patch #15 removes that. However it seems that blackfin's GPIO driver
    is unconditionally compiled, so the whole architecture might actually
    need ARCH_REQUIRE_GPIOLIB now.

    There are also some more subtle changes in mips and arm where I rely
    on indirect selection of gpiolib to assume that GENERIC_GPIO will
    remain true - it's a bit of a headache, actually. Anyway the arch
    maintainers know better what they really need, so I prefer not to
    assume too much on my own.

    Alex.

      Last update: 2013-03-12 15:21    [W:2.946 / U:0.100 seconds]