SubjectRe: Radeon RV100 init fails with specific card+mobo - IRQ problem
From
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Meelis Roos <mroos@linux.ee> wrote:

>> > radeon: `-1' invalid for parameter `agp_mode'
>>
>> radeon.agpmode=-1
>>
>> However, I think there are a number of places where we require
>> interrupts that would need to be worked around (fences, display
>> hotplug, pageflipping) if not interrupt is available.
>
> I did dome more testing with different cards an got a surprise. The
> machine works fine with other AGP cards - one MX440 with nouvea, another
> RV100 QY and a R200. They do have interrupt in lspci -vvv output.
>
> Why does this specific card not have its IRQ routed - card ROM problem?

For some reason the system bios on your box doesn't assign it one.
The video bios isn't really involved. I'm not sure if there is a way
to force assign an irq in Linux or not.

Alex

  Last update: 2013-02-04 18:23    [W:0.046 / U:0.916 seconds]