    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Load keys from signed PE binaries
    On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 03:13:38AM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:

    > Because Microsoft have indicated that they'd be taking a reactive
    > approach to blacklisting and because, so far, nobody has decided to
    > write the trivial proof of concept that demonstrates the problem.

    Microsoft would take a severe hit both from a PR perspective, as well
    as incurring significant legal risks if they did that in certain
    jourisdictions --- in particular, I suspect in Europe, if Microsoft
    were to break the ability of Linux distributions from booting, it
    would be significantly frowned upon.

    So Microsoft may have privately threatened this to certain Red Hat
    attendees (threats are cheap, but it's not obvious that they would
    necessarily follow through on this threat.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2013-02-26 05:01    [W:0.060 / U:1.652 seconds]