SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Crash cgdeleting empty memory cgroups with memory.kmem.limit_in_bytes set
On 02/21/2013 03:22 PM, Glauber Costa wrote:
> On 02/21/2013 03:00 AM, Tejun Heo wrote:
>> (cc'ing cgroup / memcg people and quoting whole body)
>>
>> Looks like something is going wrong with memcg cache destruction.
>> Glauber, any ideas? Also, can we please not use names as generic as
>> kmem_cache_destroy_work_func for something specific to memcg? How
>> about something like memcg_destroy_cache_workfn?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Steffen,
>
> Is there any chance you could test that using SLAB instead of SLUB?
> I haven't manage to reproduce it yet, but I am working on some theories
> about why this is happening. If I could at least know if this is likely
> a cache problem vs a inner-memcg problem, that would help. The calltrace
> is not incredibly helpful, but it does indicate that the problem happens
> when freeing cache objects.

Update:

I've already reproduced this and determined this is a problem that
plagues slub only, most likely due to initialization of the node caches.
But I still don't know for sure the exact location. Expect a patch by
tomorrow.

  Last update: 2013-02-21 17:21    [W:0.041 / U:0.228 seconds]