SubjectRE: How to populate Battery information through ACPI tables
Date

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 03:07:57PM +0000, Pallala, Ramakrishna wrote:
> > I am trying to populate battery related information through ACPI
> > tables and do battery management through non acpi drivers. Can you
> > tell or point me on how to populate the ACPI tables in FW/BIOS and get
> > them in OS? I am new to ACPI world.
>
> You should start by reading Documentation/acpi/enumeration.txt.
>
> Also can you describe with bit more details, what you are trying to do? A new
> battery driver that is enumerated from ACPI namespace, perhaps?
>
> Do you have a DSDT table in hand which we could take a peek?

Thanks Mika for the pointers. I have looked at the documentation.

we already have i2c driver for battery monitoring but the chip needs initialized with
characterization data. We wanted to populate/pass this data through ACPI table to the
i2c slave driver.

How can I do that? Can I pass characterization data through ACPI table to the i2c slave device?

Thanks,
Ram

  Last update: 2013-02-19 19:01    [W:0.162 / U:0.076 seconds]