SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Thermal and Device tree

Hello again Rui,

On 25-11-2013 10:44, Eduardo Valentin wrote:
> Hello Rui,
>
> Please consider the following changes for 3.14. It contains the work of
> representing hardware thermal using device tree. It also contains
> three examples on how to use the new representation on sensor devices,
> using three different drivers to accomplish it. One driver is on thermal
> subsystem, the TI SoC thermal, and the other two drivers are in hwmon
> subsystem. I also included a change on cpu cooling device, which required
> also a change on cpufreq-cpu0 driver. The change on this cooling device
> still keeps in one piece its usage on different platforms.
>
> Because it is a controversial topic due to the lack of standards, and
> because it touches different subsystems, it took way longer than I expected.
> However, I've been discussing in different channels, and I believe I got
> enough entropy now to go forward. We have acks from cpufreq folks (on ARM side)
> and from hwmon folks too. Raphael W., Jean D. and Mark R. have also
> reviewed this series. They agree with the core idea of the work.

FYI, Mark R. also acked the work on device tree binding behalf. And
after a couple of improvements on binding document suggested by Thomasz
F. and Mark. R, I uploaded in the same branch the resulting series.

Let me know if you have troubles pulling the series.