    SubjectRe: IRQF_RESUME_EARLY and errors in dpm_suspend_noirq
    Date
    Hi Laxman,

    Am Mittwoch, 20. November 2013, 10:54:10 schrieb Laxman Dewangan:
    > > I may be blind, but where get the early-irqs resumed in the error
    > > path of dpm_suspend_noirq?
    > >
    > > When a suspend_noirq callback returns an error, dpm_resume_noirq gets
    > > called, which only calls resume_device_irqs while the
    > > suspend_device_irqs call in dpm_suspend_noirq suspends all irqs. So it
    > > does not seem that the early-irqs get resumed at all in this case.
    >
    > I also faced same issue in our suspend failure path and posted fix
    > sometime ago as
    > https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/8/13/373
    >
    > It is still under review.

    From the thread on lkml.org it looks like it got no reaction at all - maybe
    was just overlooked. So maybe it would be good to re-send it.

    As it is not visible on lkml.org, did you also include stable@kernel.org, as
    the issue started in 2011?

    > You can try this patch if it resolve the issue.

    Your patch looks a lot more sophisticated than my current band-aid fix :-) by
    using the fact that irqs won't get resumed twice on their own.

    So if you repost your patch you could add an

    Acked-by: Heiko Stuebner <heiko@sntech.de>

    Heiko

      Last update: 2013-11-23 22:41    [W:5.840 / U:0.008 seconds]