SubjectLinux 3.13-rc1 is out
From
So you had an extra week to prepare your pull requests, and if you
were planning on sending it in the last two days thinking I'd close
the merge window on Sunday as usual, I can only laugh derisively in
your general direction, and call you bad names. Because I'm not
interested in your excuses. I did warn people about this in the 3.12
release notes. As it was, there were a few people who cut it fairly
close today. You know who you are.

If there are pull requests I missed (due to getting caught in spam
filters, or not matching my normal search patterns), and you think you
sent your pull request in time but it got overlooked, ping me -
because I don't have anything pending I know about, but mistakes
happen.

Talking about mistakes... I suspect it was a mistake to have that
extra week before the merge window opened, and I probably should just
have done a 3.12-rc8 instead. Because the linux-next statistics look
suspicious, and we had extra stuff show up there not just in that
first week. Clearly people took that "let's have an extra week of
merge window" and extrapolated it a bit too much. Oh, well. Live and
learn.

Anyway, other than that small oddity, this was a fairly normal merge
window. By patch size we had a pretty usual ~55% drivers, 18%
architecture code, 9% network updates, and the rest is spread out (fs,
headers, tools, documentation). Featurewise, the big ones are likely
the nftables and the multi-queue block layer stuff, but depending on
your interests you might find all the incremental updates to various
areas interesting. There are some odd ones in there (LE mode Powerpc
support..)

Go forth and test, and start sending me regression fixes. And really,
if you didn't send me your pull request in time, don't whine about it.
Because nobody likes a whiner.

Shortlog of merges appended. The real shortlog is much too big to be
readable, as always for rc1.

Linus

---
Al Viro (3):
vfs updates
VFS fixes
vfs bits and pieces

Andrew Morton (3):
first patch-bomb
patches
patches

Anton Vorontsov (1):
battery updates

Artem Bityutskiy (2):
ubifs changes
UBI changes

Ben Myers (2):
xfs update
second xfs update

Benjamin Herrenschmidt (3):
powerpc updates
powerpc LE updates
third set of powerpc updates

Benjamin LaHaise (1):
aio fixes

Bjorn Helgaas (2):
PCI changes
PCI updates

Borislav Petkov (1):
EDAC updates

Brian Norris (1):
MTD changes

Bruce Fields (2):
nfsd changes
nfsd bugfixes

Bryan Wu (1):
LED subsystem changes

Catalin Marinas (1):
ARM64 update

Chris Ball (1):
MMC updates

Chris Mason (2):
btrfs fixes
btrfs fixes

Dave Airlie (3):
drm updates
drm regression fix
DRM fixes

David Miller (7):
networking fixes
networking updates
sparc update
IDE updates
sparc fixes
networking fixes
networking fixes

David Teigland (1):
dlm fix

Dmitry Torokhov (1):
input updates

Eric Paris (1):
audit updates

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
m68k updates

Gleb Natapov (1):
KVM fixes

Greg KH (5):
USB driver update
char/misc patches
driver core / sysfs patches
tty/serial driver updates
staging driver update

Guenter Roeck (3):
h8300 platform removal
hwmon updates
hwmon fixes

Hans-Christian Egtvedt (1):
AVR32 updates

Helge Deller (2):
parisc update
parisc fixes

Ingo Molnar (30):
RCU updates
IRQ changes
leftover IRQ fixes
perf updates
scheduler changes
timer changes
x86/apic fix
x86 user access changes
x86 boot changes
x86 build changes
x86 cleanups
x86 cpu changes
x86 EFI changes
x86/hyperv changes
x86/intel-mid changes
x86 iommu changes
x86 RAS changes
x86 mm fixlet
x86 platform fixlet
x86 reboot changes
x86 uaccess changes
x86 UV debug changes
x86/trace changes
core locking changes
scheduler fixes
two x86 fixes
perf updates
perf fixes
irq cleanups
x86 fix

Jaegeuk Kim (1):
f2fs updates

James Bottomley (1):
first round of SCSI updates

James Hogan (1):
metag architecture changes

James Morris (1):
security subsystem updates

Jan Kara (1):
ext[23], udf and quota fixes

Jean Delvare (1):
hwmon fixes and updates

Jens Axboe (4):
block IO core updates
block driver updates
second round of block driver updates
block IO fixes

Jiri Kosina (2):
trivial tree updates
HID updates

Joerg Roedel (1):
IOMMU updates

Jonas Bonn (1):
OpenRISC updates

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (1):
Xen updates

Linus Walleij (2):
pin control updates
GPIO changes

Mark Brown (3):
regmap updates
regulator updates
spi updates

Mark Salter (1):
Kconfig cleanups

Martin Schwidefsky (2):
s390 updates
second set of s390 patches

Matt Turner (1):
alpha updates

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (3):
EDAC driver updates
media updates
media build fixes

Michal Marek (3):
kbuild changes
kconfig changes
misc kbuild changes

Michal Simek (1):
microblaze updates

Mike Snitzer (1):
device mapper changes

Mike Turquette (1):
clock framework changes

Miklos Szeredi (1):
fuse updates

Neil Brown (1):
md update

Nicholas Bellinger (1):
SCSI target updates

Olof Johansson (7):
ARM SoC low-priority fixes
ARM SoC cleanups
ARM SoC platform changes
ARM SoC board updates
ARM driver updates
ARM SoC DT updates
ARM SoC fixes

Paolo Bonzini (1):
KVM changes

Pekka Enberg (1):
SLAB changes

Phillip Lougher (1):
squashfs updates

Rafael J Wysocki (1):
ACPI and power management updates

Rafael Wysocki (1):
more ACPI and power management updates

Ralf Baechle (1):
MIPS updates

Richard Weinberger (1):
UML changes

Rob Herring (1):
devicetree updates

Roland Dreier (1):
infiniband/rdma updates

Russell King (3):
DMA mask updates
ARM updates
ARM fixes

Rusty Russell (2):
module updates
virtio updates

Samuel Ortiz (1):
MFD updates

Steve French (2):
CIFS updates
CIFS fixes

Steven Miao (1):
blackfin updates

Steven Rostedt (2):
perf/ftrace fix
tracing update

Steven Whitehouse (2):
gfs2 updates
GFS2 fixes

Takashi Iwai (3):
sound updates
sound fixes
second set of sound fixes

Ted Ts'o (2):
ext4 changes
/dev/random changes

Tejun Heo (3):
percpu changes
libata changes
cgroup changes

Thierry Reding (1):
pwm changes

Tomi Valkeinen (1):
fbdev changes

Tony Luck (1):
ia64 fix

Trond Myklebust (1):
NFS client updates

Tyler Hicks (1):
minor eCryptfs fix

Vineet Gupta (2):
ARC changes
second set of ARC changes

Vinod Koul (1):
slave-dmaengine changes

Wim Van Sebroeck (1):
watchdog changes

Wolfram Sang (1):
i2c changes

Zhang Rui (1):
thermal management updates

  Last update: 2013-11-22 22:01    [W:0.064 / U:1.668 seconds]