SubjectRe: [raw v1 0/4] Replace __this_cpu ops with raw_cpu_ops where necessary

* Christoph Lameter <cl@linux.com> wrote:

> The kernel can detect __this_cpu ops in preemptible contexts after
> the preemption check patchset that I posted last week.
>
> Here is a selection of patches to fix false positives caused by
> the additional checks. So far I have found no bug. Amazing.
> Looks like there was some prior work done to shake these things out?
>
> I ran an upstream kernel using Ubuntu 13.04 + the preempt checking +
> the patches below on my desktop and with the following patches no
> __this_cpu ops triggered messages. The kernel had the default Ubuntu
> desktop configuration (+ CONFIG_PREEMPT + CONFIG_DEBUG_THIS_CPU_OPERATIONS).

Here are the current list of technical problems that still plague your
submission:

- see the technical questions I raised about the snmp patch

- broken threading resulting in patches arriving out of order. (You
ignored peterz's helpful suggestion to upgrade Quilt which would allow
you to fix this.)

- broken subject lines - no 'PATCH' for patches

- inconsistent patch titles: broken, inconsistent subsystem tags, etc.

- incomplete changelogs: you fail to quote the false positive that led
you to a change. In cases this results in a totally context-free
changelog which loses information the moment it's committed upstream.

In particular the last 4 items were mentioned to you for your last
submission - which you failed to fix. You should wait with your next
submission until you have enough time to fix *all* problems that were
reported to you, not just some.

All in one, still a sloppy, incomplete submission.

Thanks,

Ingo

  Last update: 2013-10-08 10:01    [W:0.066 / U:0.300 seconds]