    SubjectRe: ktap inclusion in drivers/staging/?
    From
    On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

    > But I agree, this should not be just dumped into the staging tree until
    > the patches themselves have been posted and reviewed.

    Btw, it's not just the commit history. The actual file layout is
    terminally horrible too. The actual LWN article made it look like ktap
    was just a user-space tool, and I was thinking that it was like
    tools/pert/, just in staging.

    But looking at the tree, it looks like parts of it is a kernel module,
    and parts of it is the user space thing, and it's totally impossible
    to see which is which, it's just all mixed up in the same directory
    structure.

    Maybe I misunderstood, but that was my reaction from a very quick look.

    Linus

      Last update: 2013-10-24 12:01    [W:4.091 / U:0.132 seconds]