    SubjectRe: [pchecks v2 2/2] percpu: Add preemption checks to __this_cpu ops
    On Sat, 28 Sep 2013, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > * Christoph Lameter <cl@linux.com> wrote:

    > > > Note that for these patches to be eligible for upstream merge any
    > > > extra warnings that trigger must be fixed, regardless of the default
    > > > setting.
    > >
    > > That is exactly what this patch does. There will only be warning if the
    > > user enabled them.
    >
    > You didn't understand me apparently: all warnings that trigger with the
    > debug CONFIG option enabled must be fixed before this can be sent
    > upstream.

    This patchset is required to determine the warnings that will be triggered
    and to get the work to address these issues done. The feedback so far
    indicates that there may be lots of discussions regarding the warnings
    that have been discovered so far. Its not realistic to do this in one go.

      Last update: 2013-10-02 17:41    [W:2.545 / U:0.576 seconds]