SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for Oct 15
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 05:50:56PM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:21:27PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> > On 10/15/2013 07:02 AM, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > >Hi all,
> > >
> > >I've uploaded today's linux-next tree to the master branch of the
> > >repository below:
> > >
> > > git://gitorious.org/thierryreding/linux-next.git
> > >
> > >A next-20131015 tag is also provided for convenience.
> > >
> > >Gained a new conflict, but nothing too exciting. x86 and ARM default
> > >configurations build fine. I've also used an x86 allmodconfig build to
> > >check for build errors. Mark fixed most of those in the trees that he
> > >created last Thursday and Friday, so I've cherry-picked them on top of
> > >the final merge. There was one new build failure in the staging tree
> > >that was trivial to fix so I added a patch to the tree as well.
> > >

> > This build does look much better than the previous ones. I 'only' get 12 build failures
> > out of 106 configurations.
>
> Thanks for running these!

No problem - servers are up anyway. Only problem is that buildbot and gitorious
don't seem to get along, and the automatic tree update doesn't work. This means
I have to trigger tree updates manually, which I may forget once in a while.

> > Worst are powerpc builds, with 7 out of 14 builds failed.
>
> Yes, I'm seeing those too. I used to carry a fix for many of these in
> earlier linux-next trees but since I haven't had the time to run the
> PowerPC builds in a while I haven't cherry-picked it to new trees.

Are those failures due to merge conflicts, or should the fix be applied
to a contributing repository ?

Thanks,
Guenter

  Last update: 2013-10-16 18:41    [W:0.069 / U:0.112 seconds]