    SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the trivial tree
    On Wed, 16 Oct 2013, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:

    > > Today's linux-next merge of the trivial tree got conflicts in
    > >
    > > net/netfilter/xt_set.c
    > >
    > > caused by commits 3f79410 (treewide: Fix common typo in "identify") and
    > > bd3129f (netfilter: ipset: order matches and targets separatedly in
    > > xt_set.c).
    > >
    > > I fixed them up (see below). Please verify that the resolution looks
    > > good.
    >
    > I don't really get it: patch bd3129f was part of a patchset, which was
    > applied to net-next and there it was complete.
    >
    > There's none of the patchset in question in linux-next, so what's the
    > trivial tree? Where's lost what?
    >
    > [The patch below doesn't look good, because it should contain the removed
    > part for the revision 1 match due to the reordering in the file.]

    This is just a super-simple conflict between

    https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/?id=bd3129f

    and

    https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jikos/trivial.git/diff/net/netfilter/xt_set.c?h=for-next&id=3f79410c7c

    I don't think it needs any special handling, do you? I can of course drop
    the respective hunk from my tree and let you handle it in net-next if you
    wish.

    Thanks,

    --
    Jiri Kosina
    SUSE Labs

      Last update: 2013-10-16 11:41    [W:4.249 / U:0.076 seconds]