SubjectRe: [RFC-v2 1/7] capebus: Core capebus support
On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 05:32:26PM +0200, Pantelis Antoniou wrote:
> Introducing capebus; a bus that allows small boards (capes) to connect
> to a complex SoC using simple expansion connectors.
>
> Up to now to support these kind of boards, one had to hack the board files,
> and do all sort of gymnastics to handle all the different cases of
> conflict resolution.

Would it be possible to split out the DT support from the underlying
bus? Looking at the code it seems like we're relying on DT for a lot of
the functionality when it comes to mapping devices into the system but
that doesn't really meet what I'm looking for. One of the use cases I
have is supporting modules which can be used with multiple systems so I
really want to be able to just define the modules once and then have a
layer in the subsystem which remaps the connections onto the actual
hardware.

  Last update: 2013-01-14 04:41    [W:0.075 / U:0.988 seconds]