SubjectRe: MODSIGN: Modules fail signature verification with -ENOKEY
/* Please CC, not on LKML */

Hi Josh,

On 12/01/13 00:44, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Check the installed modules. A simple:
>
> hexdump -C <path to module> | tail -n 20
>
> should be enough to tell you if the installed modules at least look like
> they're signed. You should see the expected "~Module signature appended~"
> string. You could also check the modules in the kernel build tree for
> the same thing. [...]

Good call - neither the modules in the build tree, nor the installed
ones are signed. I did a "make mrproper", changed scripts/sign-file to
be verbose by default and rebuilt. That confirmed that the modules are
getting signed, which left the possibility of make-kpkg stripping the
modules after compiling as an option.

Google pointed me at the likely culprit, a patch from a certain Mr Ted
Ts'o in 2009 to make-kpkg so that it would strip kernel modules by default.

I'll file a bug against it asking for the it to not strip if
CONFIG_MODULE_SIG is set.

Thanks for the pointer!
Chris
--
Chris Samuel : http://www.csamuel.org/ : Melbourne, VIC

  Last update: 2013-01-12 08:01    [W:0.036 / U:9.268 seconds]