SubjectRe: Request for tree inclusion
From
2012/12/3 Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@gmail.com>:
> 2012/12/2 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>:
>> Well, these are a bit late (I expected Linus to release v3.7 today), but
>> since Ingo has not piped in over the weekend, I have added them from today
>> after the tip tree merge.
>
> Yeah sorry to submit that so late. Those branches are in pending pull
> requests to the -tip tree and I thought about relying on the
> propagation of -tip into -next as usual. But Ingo has been very busy
> with numa related work during this cycle. So until these branches get
> merged in -tip, I'm short-circuiting a bit the -next step before it
> becomes too late for the next merge window.
>

>> I have called them fw-cputime, fs-sched and fw-nohz respectively and
>> listed you as the only contact in case of problems.
>
> Ok.
>
>> If these are to be
>> long term trees included in linux-next, I would prefer that you use
>> better branch names - otherwise, if they are just short term, please tell
>> me to remove them when they are finished with.
>
> They are definitely short term. I'll tell you once these can be dropped.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Hi Stephen!

fw-cputime and fs-sched have been merged so you can now remove these
branches from next.

But fw-nohz remains. In the meantime I have created a branch named nohz/next:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
nohz/next

This branch currently refers to fw-nohz HEAD (aka nohz/printk-v8) and
this is also the place where I'll gather -next materials in the future
instead of the multiple branches you're currently pulling.
So could you please remove fw-nohz (nohz/printk-v8) as well from -next
but include nohz/next instead?

Thanks!

  Last update: 2013-01-11 02:41    [W:0.039 / U:0.684 seconds]