    SubjectSuggestions for the Future of Linux
    Peoples, we're entering a new era of tech - so let's get Linux going
    the way people want it to.

    1: Remove ethernet support. Ethernet is just bloat - devices only have
    it for the stubborn old geezers. Other than that, no one really uses
    it. Get over it.

    Who expects that thick cabling running through our offices? I don't!

    2: Remove multi-monitor support

    The new way for technology is mobile. The desktop is dead, and Linux
    on the desktop has been deader than dead since it was conceived. No
    one, even on the desktop space, really even uses multi-monitors,

    3: Remove support for multiple users - no one really expects a single
    device to be used by two people!

    4: Ending optical drive support - when's the last time you ever bought
    something on disk for use in your Linux box? The CD, DVD and Blu-Ray
    are today what the Floppy was 15 years ago - obsolete and yet still in
    use - where you need multiple disks for one thing - And even most
    people's internet are faster than a CD drive.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-09-07 22:22    [W:0.022 / U:25.332 seconds]