    Subject[RFC] First attempt at kernel secure boot support
    Date
    The UEFI Secure Boot trust model is based on it not being possible for a
    user to cause a signed OS to boot an unsigned OS, even if that user has
    administrative privileges. This is an initial attempt at a set of patches
    to reduce root's ability to modify the kernel. We've done this with an
    additional capability for a couple of reasons:

    1) CAP_SYS_RAWIO already covers pretty much everything we want, but also
    disables a lot of functionality that we don't want to lose. Following
    the same model seems reasonable.
    2) This capability may be more generically useful for some use-cases.
    Adding a set of hardcoded is_secure_boot() checks in the same places would
    prevent that.

    Feedback welcome.

    --
    Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org

      Last update: 2012-09-04 18:42    [W:0.021 / U:3.744 seconds]