    SubjectThe 10ms averager in fair.c
    Hiya. I just had an initial look at fair.c

    There seems to be a 10ms averager in there?

    You are aware that that means you work on delayed values?

    Isn`t that counterintuitive to the principle of sharing?

    That means short bursts of cpu-use will be filtered out, and given less
    cpu time.
    Starting applications won`t have their cpu-usage before 5ms, which is
    quite a bit on modern machines. Well if you use a linearphase filter, I
    don`t know what kind of averager you use. The best would ofcourse be to
    use a minimalphase gaussian averager. Which might be overkill. Atleast a
    one-pole iir, buf = buf + (-buf + in) * cut)); One pole IIRs also have a
    better frequency response.

    When you are working with low-latencies, wouldn`t it be better if such
    things are tuned for target latency. I think few care about latency after
    0.2ms. So say the filter should be set to 0.4ms max.

    Why would you want to filter cpu-usage also really?

    Peace Be With You.

    (please CC me.)