SubjectRe: 3.6rc6 slab corruption.

Acked-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>

> - merging Konrad's patch and introducing a mutex so that it's possible to
> do many reads to collect statistics after opening the file a single
> time with a single fd.
>
> Since these files are incapable of doing lseek, it would seem that my
> patch would be best and you'd simply want to close() + open() to read new
> data, which also guarantees that all readers get the same information.

Yup.
> The only reason I hesitate on that and will defer to Konrad's opinion is
> because the way the code is currently written looks like it was intended
> to copy the data are read() rather than open(); in other words, it almost
> seems as if they were made to be non-seekable after the u32_array_read()
> implementation was complete and it was at one time possible to do an
> lseek(SEEK_SET).

The "users" (looks at himself and Raghavendra) can deal with the
open/close, open/close cycle. The only thing that I would add extra is
to add the explanation you provided in the comment of the file in case
somebody expects something else.

> After that's fixed, and to address your concern, we can simply do the
> allocation of file->private_data for the maximum size possible when the
> file is created as a follow-up patch.

  Last update: 2012-09-21 00:01    [W:0.104 / U:0.052 seconds]