SubjectRe: NULL pointer dereference in selinux_ip_postroute_compat
On 08/07/2012 03:01 PM, Paul Moore wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM, John Stultz <john.stultz@linaro.org> wrote:
>> On 08/07/2012 02:50 PM, Paul Moore wrote:

>>> NOTE: Adding the SELinux list to the CC line
>> Thanks!
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to understand this and I was hoping you could you clarify a
>>> few things for me:
>>>
>>> * Is the panic in the Ubuntu 12.04 guest, or the host? If the host,
>>> could you share what distribution you are using?
>> Sorry, its a 12.04 guest. I think the host is Ubuntu 12.04 as well.
>>

>>> * When you say you are not using SELinux, could you be more specific?
>>> It seems odd that you are not using SELinux but the panic is happening
>>> in a SELinux hook.
>> I just mean that, being Ubuntu, the system (userland) isn't configured to
>> use selinux. SELinux is just enabled in the kernel config.
> Thanks for the quick response, I'll setup an Ubuntu guest and see if I
> can reproduce this ... something is odd. Anything non-standard about
> your guest install or anything else you think might be helpful?
Don't think so. Just a standard 64bit ubuntu 12.04 install.

Since I'm booting kernel/initrd from the commandline, the initrd *may*
be older then 12.04, I can't quite remember when I copied that out of
the image. I'll see if it still triggers if I copy the current initrd out.

thanks
-john

  Last update: 2012-08-08 01:01    [W:0.073 / U:0.292 seconds]