SubjectRe: SLAVE Side SPI kernel driver development
From
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Bastelli Carlo (yahoo)
<carlo_bastelli@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hello, I'm Carlo, I have a difficult task at work, my boss asked me to
> develop
> a driver SPI slave side on embedded ARM processor running Linux.
> Precisely linux occur on the SPI bus as a slave, not master as required
> by the hierarchical structure of the current kernel. The new driver
> will
> receive via interrupt and respond when selected by its chip select. Can
> anyone suggest the best way to develop this driver?. Personally, I
> have identified two main roads, the first if possible to exploit the
> structure SPI master driver, with a few tricks that now I can not
> define. The second most radical, write a driver for a UART like, but
> managing the SPI device.
> Thank you for any suggestions or examples.

Marek got spi slave running on a mx28. See his patch:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg190860.html

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

  Last update: 2012-08-24 17:41    [W:0.126 / U:0.040 seconds]