    SubjectLinux 3.5-rc6
    Another week, another -rc. And happily, another week of calming down.
    Noticeably fewer commits in here than in -rc5, and I think we're
    getting closer to a final release.

    That said, it's also summer (our Australian co-developers may
    disagree, but they are in the minority), and with that I also wanted
    to talk about the next merge window. Because I suspect that especially
    a lot of the European developers have either taken off for vacation or
    are getting ready to do so. August tends to be off-season for a lot
    of people. I'm hoping summer plans not a huge part of the slowing down
    of the rc patches, but I do suspect that the next merge window will
    almost inevitably be completely overshadowed for some developers by
    their vacation.

    Which is fine, and I'm hoping that may just mean that 3.6 will be a
    calmer release. I *would* ask that people who go on vacation do *not*
    plan to send me their merge window stuff before leaving for vacation,
    though. I'd really much rather see the merge delayed to 3.7 entirely
    than have the developer push me the big changes, and then not be there
    at all for the rc series.

    Anyway, just keep that in mind, especially those of you planning on
    taking all of August off.

    Back to the -rc6 stuff: there's mainly some btrfs and md stuff in
    here, with the normal driver changes, arm updates and some networking
    changes. And a smattering of random stuff (including docs etc). None
    of it looks very scary, it's all pretty small, and there aren't even
    all that many of those small changes. Shortlog appended.

    Alan Cox (1):
    qla2xxx: print the right array elements in qlt_async_event

    Alex Deucher (1):
    drm/radeon: fix VM page table setup on SI

    Alex Williamson (3):
    KVM: Pass kvm_irqfd to functions
    KVM: Add missing KVM_IRQFD API documentation
    KVM: Sanitize KVM_IRQFD flags

    Alexander Block (1):

    Alexander Holler (1):
    leds: heartbeat: fix bug on panic

    Amitkumar Karwar (2):
    mwifiex: fix bugs in event handling code
    mwifiex: improve error path handling in usb.c

    Andrew Lunn (1):
    ARM: Orion: Fix WDT compile for Dove and MV78xx0

    Andy Lutomirski (3):
    security: document no_new_privs
    mm: Hold a file reference in madvise_remove
    security: Minor improvements to no_new_privs documentation

    Anton Blanchard (1):
    powerpc/xmon: Use cpumask iterator to avoid warning

    Asai Thambi S P (2):
    mtip32xx: Remove 'registers' and 'flags' from sysfs
    mtip32xx: Create debugfs entries for troubleshooting

    Asias He (3):
    block: Avoid missed wakeup in request waitqueue
    block: Mitigate lock unbalance caused by lock switching
    block: Drop dead function blk_abort_queue()

    Avinash Patil (1):
    mwifiex: fix memory leak associated with IE manamgement

    Benoit Cousson (1):
    ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod data: Fix wrong McBSP clock alias on OMAP4

    Bjørn Mork (1):
    net: qmi_wwan: fix Oops while disconnecting

    Bruce Allan (1):
    e1000e: remove use of IP payload checksum

    Chris Mason (1):
    Btrfs: run delayed directory updates during log replay

    Claudiu Manoil (1):
    gianfar: Fix RXICr/TXICr programming for multi-queue mode

    Dan Carpenter (1):
    mtd: cafe_nand: fix an & vs | mistake

    Dan Rosenberg (1):
    NFC: Prevent multiple buffer overflows in NCI

    Daniel Mack (1):
    davinci_cpdma: include linux/module.h

    Daniel Vetter (1):
    drm/i915: kick any firmware framebuffers before claiming the gtt

    David Brown (1):
    ARM: 7428/1: Prevent KALLSYM size mismatch on ARM.

    Eliad Peller (1):
    mac80211: clear ifmgd->bssid only after building DELBA

    Eric Dumazet (3):
    splice: fix racy pipe->buffers uses
    netfilter: ipvs: fix dst leak in __ip_vs_addr_is_local_v6
    NFC: Return from rawsock_release when sk is NULL

    Fabio Estevam (6):
    dt: fsl-imx-cspi.txt: Fix comment about GPIOs used for chip selects
    dt: fsl-imx-esdhc.txt: Fix gpio number assignment
    dt: fsl-mma8450.txt: Add missing 'reg' description
    dt: fsl-fec.txt: Fix gpio number assignment
    dt: mc13xxx.txt: Fix gpio number assignment
    ARM: imx27_visstrim_m10: Do not include <asm/system.h>

    Felix Fietkau (1):
    ath9k: fix dynamic WEP related regression

    Florian Westphal (1):
    netfilter: ipset: fix interface comparision in hash-netiface sets

    Hebbar, Gururaja (1):
    ASoC: tlv320aic3x: Fix codec pll configure bug

    Ilya Dryomov (2):
    Btrfs: restore restriper state on all mounts
    Btrfs: resume balance on rw (re)mounts properly

    Jan Kara (2):
    scsi: Silence unnecessary warnings about ioctl to partition
    ocfs2: Fix bogus error message from ocfs2_global_read_info

    Jan Schmidt (7):
    Btrfs: avoid waiting for delayed refs when we must not
    Btrfs: support root level changes in __resolve_indirect_ref
    Btrfs: fix tree mod log for root replacements at leaf level
    Btrfs: always put insert_ptr modifications into the tree mod log
    Btrfs: leave critical region in btrfs_find_all_roots as soon as possible
    Btrfs: fix tree mod log rewind of ADD operations
    Btrfs: resolve tree mod log locking issue in btrfs_next_leaf

    Jeff Layton (1):
    cifs: when server doesn't set CAP_LARGE_READ_X, cap default
    rsize at MaxBufferSize

    Jeff Liu (1):
    ocfs2: for SEEK_DATA/SEEK_HOLE, return internal error unchanged
    if ocfs2_get_clusters_nocache() or ocfs2_inode_lock() call failed.

    Jerome Glisse (1):
    drm/radeon: fix rare segfault

    Joe Thornber (1):
    dm thin: commit metadata before creating metadata snapshot

    Johannes Berg (2):
    iwlwifi: fix activating inactive stations
    mac80211: correct behaviour on unrecognised action frames

    Josef Bacik (3):
    Btrfs: fix dio write vs buffered read race
    Btrfs: fix tree log remove space corner case
    Btrfs: hold a ref on the inode during writepages

    Junxiao Bi (2):
    ocfs2: clear unaligned io flag when dio fails
    aio: make kiocb->private NUll in init_sync_kiocb()

    Kailang Yang (1):
    ALSA: hda - Fix no sound from ALC662 after Windows reboot

    Kevin Hilman (2):
    ARM: OMAP2: Overo: init I2C before MMC to fix MMC suspend/resume failure
    ARM: OMAP4: TWL6030: ensure sys_nirq1 is mux'd and wakeup enabled

    Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (2):
    xen/blkback: Copy id field when doing BLKIF_DISCARD.
    xen/blkfront: Add WARN to deal with misbehaving backends.

    Larry Finger (1):
    rtlwifi: rtl8192cu: New USB IDs

    Lars Ellenberg (3):
    drbd: fix access of unallocated pages and kernel panic
    drbd: fix list corruption by failing but already aborted reads
    drbd: fix null pointer dereference with on-congestion policy when diskless

    Lars-Peter Clausen (1):
    Input: request threaded-only IRQs with IRQF_ONESHOT

    Lauri Hintsala (1):
    ARM: apx4devkit: fix FEC enabling PHY clock

    Linus Torvalds (3):
    floppy: cancel any pending fd_timeouts before adding a new one
    vfs: make O_PATH file descriptors usable for 'fchdir()'
    Linux 3.5-rc6

    Liu Bo (1):
    Btrfs: fix wrong check during log recovery

    Mark Brown (1):
    ASoC: wm2200: Add missing BCLK rate

    Mark Rustad (1):
    tcm_fc: Resolve suspicious RCU usage warnings

    Michael Neuling (1):
    powerpc/kvm: sldi should be sld

    Mike Snitzer (3):
    dm persistent data: fix shadow_info_leak on dm_tm_destroy
    dm persistent data: handle space map checker creation failure
    dm persistent data: fix allocation failure in space map checker init

    Milan Broz (1):
    dm: verity fix documentation

    Mitch A Williams (1):
    igbvf: fix divide by zero

    Neil Horman (1):
    sctp: be more restrictive in transport selection on bundled sacks

    NeilBrown (9):
    md/raid10: Don't try to recovery unmatched (and unused) chunks.
    md/raid5: prefer replacing failed devices over want-replacement devices.
    md/raid5: fix refcount problem when blocked_rdev is set.
    md/raid10: fix failure when trying to repair a read error.
    md: make 'name' arg to md_register_thread non-optional.
    md/raid1: fix bug in read_balance introduced by hot-replace
    md: support re-add of recovering devices.
    md: fix up plugging (again).
    md/raid10: fix careless build error

    Nicolas Pitre (1):
    ARM: 7438/1: fill possible PMD empty section gaps

    Pablo Neira Ayuso (1):
    netfilter: update location of my trees

    Panayiotis Karabassis (1):
    ath9k: enable serialize_regmode for non-PCIE AR9287

    Paul Bolle (1):
    ARM: mmp: remove mach/gpio-pxa.h

    Paul Mundt (1):
    security: Fix nommu build.

    Paul Parsons (1):
    ARM: pxa: hx4700: Fix basic suspend/resume

    Paul Walmsley (1):
    ARM: OMAP4: hwmod data: temporarily comment out data for the
    usb_host_fs and aess IP blocks

    Ping Cheng (2):
    Input: wacom - fix retrieving touch_max bug
    Input: wacom - don't retrieve touch_max when it is predefined

    Rabin Vincent (1):
    ARM: 7440/1: kprobes: only test 'sub pc, pc, #1b-2b+8-2' on ARMv6

    Rajendra Nayak (1):
    clk: fix parent validation in __clk_set_parent()

    Randy Dunlap (2):
    Input: fix input.h kernel-doc warning
    wlcore: drop INET dependency

    Russell King (4):
    ARM: fix mach-versatile/pci.c warning
    ARM: fix set_domain() macro
    ARM: fix warnings about atomic64_read
    ARM: fix warning caused by wrongly typed arm_dma_limit

    Sachin Kamat (1):
    mtip32xx: Remove version.h header file inclusion

    Shaohua Li (1):
    raid5: delayed stripe fix

    Shmulik Ladkani (1):
    mtd: nand: initialize bitflip_threshold prior to BBT scanning

    Srinivas Eeda (1):
    ocfs2: use spinlock irqsave for downconvert lock.patch

    Stefan Behrens (1):
    Btrfs: don't count I/O statistic read errors for missing devices

    Stephen Warren (1):
    of: export of_platform_populate()

    Stone Piao (2):
    mwifiex: fix 11n rx packet drop issue
    mwifiex: fix WPS eapol handshake failure

    Suresh Jayaraman (1):
    cifs: fix parsing of password mount option

    Takashi Iwai (1):
    drm: edid: Don't add inferred modes with higher resolution

    Tao Guo (1):
    umem: fix up unplugging

    Tejun Heo (4):
    block: fix return value on cfq_init() failure
    block: blkcg_policy_cfq shouldn't be used if !CONFIG_CFQ_GROUP_IOSCHED
    blkcg: fix blkg_alloc() failure path
    blkcg: drop local variable @q from blkg_destroy()

    Thierry Reding (2):
    of: Add Avionic Design vendor prefix
    of: match by compatible property first

    Tom Hughes (1):
    ath9k: fix panic caused by returning a descriptor we have queued for reuse

    Tomasz Bursztyka (2):
    netfilter: ipset: fix crash if IPSET_CMD_NONE command is sent
    netfilter: nfnetlink: fix missing rcu_read_unlock in nfnetlink_rcv_msg

    Tyler Hicks (3):
    eCryptfs: Properly check for O_RDONLY flag before doing privileged open
    eCryptfs: Fix lockdep warning in miscdev operations
    eCryptfs: Gracefully refuse miscdev file ops on inherited/passed files

    Uwe Kleine-König (1):
    ARM: imx: assert SCC gate stays enabled

    Vinson Lee (1):
    net: Downgrade CAP_SYS_MODULE deprecated message from error to warning.

    Will Deacon (3):
    ARM: 7442/1: Revert "remove unused restart trampoline"
    ARM: 7443/1: Revert "new way of handling ERESTART_RESTARTBLOCK"
    ARM: 7441/1: perf: return -EOPNOTSUPP if requested mode
    exclusion is unavailable

    Xiao Guangrong (2):
    KVM: fix fault page leak
    KVM: MMU: fix shrinking page from the empty mmu

    majianpeng (4):
    md/raid5: Do not add data_offset before call to is_badblock
    md/raid5: In ops_run_io, inc nr_pending before calling
    md:Add blk_plug in sync_thread.
    md/raid456: When read error cannot be recovered, record bad block

    roel (1):
    ocfs2: Misplaced parens in unlikley

      Last update: 2012-07-08 05:21    [W:0.419 / U:5.464 seconds]