    SubjectRe: 3.5 stable compat-wireless
    On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 12:08:01PM -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
    > * linux-crap.git: based on linux-next-pending.git and allows
    > contributors to send pull requests of crap that is not *ready*
    > to be sent properly upstream. Examples would be code we know
    > we simply already know that is not dealing with proper architecture
    > or style / etc. The drivers/staging/ allows vendors to post full
    > crap drivers, this would enable us to merge crap patches but that
    > some vendors might need / want.

    I really doubt this will work, look at the patches in some distros for
    examples of why. I'm having a hard enough time with the LTSI project in
    conveying that "Yes, you can send patches to me for merging into the
    LSTI kernel, you still have to justify it, and work to get the patches
    then upstream, I'm not going to do your work for you."

    Having a random tree where these patches show up help no one except the
    original developer so that they can fire-and-forget, which is not what
    you want, unless you wish to take on the "get it cleaned up and merged
    upstream" task yourself, which you really don't want to.

    good luck,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2012-07-06 01:41    [W:0.025 / U:68.064 seconds]