SubjectRe: Andre Hedrick (anhedric) has died
On 07/20/2012 12:39 AM, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Dear Linux hackers,
>
> Sorry for the intrusion on this technical list. I wanted to let Andre's fellow Linux developers know that he died this past weekend. For those that don't know him, Andre was an active developer for the ATA driver a while back.
>
> I have known Andre for about 9 years, although I haven't seen much of him in the past year. He and I attended several retreats together in 2002 and 2003. I'd like to share a story from the first time I met him.
>
> I was a FreeBSD developer at the time and had done some work in the SCSI (CAM) subsystem. I met Andre at a retreat center in the Marin woods. As we ate dinner, he mentioned that he was a software developer. "So am I", I said.

A very sad day. Andre taught me a lot about ATA, and could be
considered one of the grandfathers of libata.

http://hedrick4419.blogspot.com/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/26/andre_hedrick/?2

Rest in peace,

Jeff

  Last update: 2012-07-26 21:01    [W:0.062 / U:0.220 seconds]