    SubjectRe: Kernel Oops while disconnecting USB peripheral (always)
    From
    On 23 July 2012 20:17, Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Sarbojit Ganguly wrote:
    >
    >> Hello Daniel,
    >>
    >> That is why I provided two stacks,
    >>
    >> 1st one is when I tried to remove the USB hub (which connects a webcam
    >> + microphone)
    >> 2nd one is when I tried to remove an USB powered external HDD.
    >>
    >> Just to make sure whether the problem is with USB sound or the USB subsystem.
    >
    > Do you stop all the programs that are using the USB devices before
    > unplugging the hub? Do you unmount the USB HDD first?

    Yes Alan, I did unmount the HDD

    > The first crash shows a problem in the snd-usb-audio driver.
    >
    > The second crash shows a problem in the VFS layer or in ext3, not in
    > the USB stack.

    Yes the issue is in evict() api which gets called when USB disconnect
    is triggered.

    > Alan Stern

    Even I was confused in the beginning but after thorough check I
    confirmed its presence. I reverted back to my distro's stock kernel
    (3.2.0-26-generic) where the issue does not recur.

    I could not analysed further (due to my limited knowledge of USB).

    --
    Regards,
    Sarbojit

      Last update: 2012-07-23 18:02    [W:5.941 / U:0.000 seconds]