SubjectRe: [Regression][Revert request] Excessive delay or hang during resume from system suspend due to a hrtimer commit
On 07/16/2012 04:26 AM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2012, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

>>> I'm not saying that you didn't consider it thoroughly, but unfortunately you
>>> did overlook this particular issue, didn't you?

>>> Yes, it does, thanks!

>>> So who's going to take care of the patch? :-)
>> I'm still packing gear. So i'll push it into timers/urgent.
> Actually that's a bad idea. John want's to double check vs. the
> ntp_clear question. So John can send it to linus directly.
>
> @John: Should it be: timekeeping_update(true)
I think its better to leave it as false, so we don't reset the NTP state
machine completely after suspend.

When we come back from suspend our error is usually off by the
persistent_clock/rtc granularity, so it might make sense, but I'd want a
lot more testing of using ntp over suspend before changing the existing
behavior of not doing it.

> Now I'm gone for real.
Ok. Thanks for spinning this up so quickly. I'll go ahead and send it on
to Linus.

thanks
-john

  Last update: 2012-07-16 18:21    [W:0.054 / U:0.932 seconds]