SubjectRe: 3.5-rc6 fb hw inteldrmfb
Date

As said, with 3.5-rc6 with vga=791 , on someone else's computer with intel grafics , it sticks/crashs within 5 (or even 3) seconds after start booting, long time before trying to switch into grafic mode. That happened today again, like yesterday. In the logfiles yesterday I found nothing.

Now I tried also the same, 3.5-rc6 but with vga=0 . Then the booting process goes forward, but later, at the time it tries to switch into the grafic mode, it sticks in the same way. Reboot with CTRL+ALT+C is not possible, one have to press the reboot button.

With 3.5-rc1 and vga=791 (what on my own computer with nv grafic card runs normally), on that said computer with intel grafic card, it don't stop in early stage, but continues, but at the time of switching in grafic mode, the screen stays black. However, now it's possible to reboot wich CTRL+ALT+C , so I suppose that different to 3.5-rc6 the computer didn't really stick/crash (but the grafic stays just invisible)

With 3.4-rc5 that computer runs normal.

I forget to mention, that on my own computer, what works almost normally with 3.5-rc6 , rsync don't return (i.e. after type rsync in text mode, it continues eternally, neither can be stopped with CTRL-C). That didn't happen with a next laptop of someone else where I installed 3.5-rc6 yesterday (which has ati grafics). However, I suppose that has nothing to do with the current problem, but with some other hardware.

Enclosed are the new logfiles, of today, of the trying out 's explained above, of that computer which sticks/crashs with 3.5-rc6. I send you that quickly but I don't have tiome now to inspect them; I suppose there is again nothing from the 3.5-rc6 vga=791 run which crashs in early stage of booting, but perhaps there is something from 3.5-rc6 vga=0 which crashs only later (at the time switching to grafics) as explained above. Added is also, for comparison, dmesg of the run with 3.4-rc5 what's without that grafic problem.

wl
[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

  Last update: 2012-07-14 15:21    [W:0.038 / U:0.024 seconds]