    SubjectRe: [git pull] drm intel + exynos fixes
    On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Chris Wilson <> wrote:
    > And that was my point. You were blaming the patch for making you aware
    > of existing behaviour that results in utter confusion, for as Alex
    > points out there is no sane way for userspace to handle the unknown
    > connection status from the detection routine.

    Ahh. Yes, then I agree with you. The current behavior is clearly
    insane in the presense of an unknown connector status.

    So if the higher levels are eventually fixed to say "if one input is
    'unknown' and another is 'connected', we'll assume 'unknown' means
    'not connected'", then we can re-apply that patch.

    As it is, it's apparently a disaster to reply 'unknown' in this situation.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-06-09 02:21    [W:0.021 / U:7.492 seconds]