    SubjectRe: [Regression] [Radeon] Stream command failures and render problems in Evergreen (Radeon HD 5600) in kernel 3.4
    On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM, Brian Gitonga Marete <> wrote:
    > On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM, Brian Gitonga Marete
    > <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM, Brian Gitonga Marete
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> Hello Jerome,
    >>> Once again, thanks a lot for your help.
    >>> Some progress but also a setback: Upgrading to the latest
    >>> xf86-video-ati git gets rid of the stream command failures - No more
    >>> error messages in dmesg(8). But then, now, rendering is completely
    >>> messed up. Previously, it was mostly the window boundaries that were
    >>> blurred/messed but now also entire windows and text so that you can't
    >>> read anything from the desktop. (For example, the previous render
    >>> problems would still allow me to use gnome-terminal even though its
    >>> frames were completely blurred. Now the text withing gnome-terminal is
    >>> also blurred/smudged)
    >> I should add that in this case rendering is completely messed up in
    >> _both_ 3.3.x and 3.4. But the stream command failures in 3.4 go away
    >> upon upgrading to the latext xf86-video-ati git HEAD.
    > Ok. All is fixed in kernel v3.4 if I additionally upgrade Mesa to the
    > latest git. Jerome, many thanks for your help on this!
    > So to summarize, the 3.4 breakage in Ubuntu 11.04 (and probably other
    > distributions released around the same time) is fixed by:
    > a) Upgrade libdrm to latest GIT as of this writing (93a5117d5)
    > b) Upgrade xf86-video-ati to latest GIT as of this writing (5888371)
    > c) Upgrade mesa to latest GIT as of this writing (529476b)
    > Now kernel 3.4 works on my laptop.
    > Thanks!
    > BGM.

    Brian can you please test patch below on 6.14.0 ddx and old mesa (ie
    revert to ubuntu mesa & ddx) and report if it fix your issue. Thanks

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-06-08 22:41    [W:0.035 / U:21.148 seconds]