SubjectRe: perf user tool precise attribute broken in 3.5rc1+
Em Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 05:10:09AM +0200, Andi Kleen escreveu:
> > Are you sure the old one works? Perhaps it silently falls back to
> > cpu-clock?

> Yes i'm sure. I was actually debugging some kernel pebs code,
> and had a heavily instrumented pebs code path and was first trying
> to figure out what went wrong in the kernel, until I realized
> that the userland was broken.
>
> Does :p work for anyone else?

It seems to work for Linus on Ivy Bridge with what is on tip/perf/urgent

> BTW I hope the perf userland becomes more stable again. Recently I've had
> far more trouble with the user binary than the kernel driver, which
> is unusal.

Well, as a feedback your post is very much appreciated, we'll try to do
better.

What areas do you feel are more troubling? Anything you reported that
still hasn't been fixed?

Probably we should stop working on features and just process patches and
work on a suite of autotest scripts, something we've been discussing but
not working that much at.

- Arnaldo

  Last update: 2012-06-08 18:41    [W:0.168 / U:0.016 seconds]